TopicP: Processing and Synthesis
Additive Manufacturing with polymeric materials is getting more and more important, also for industrial applications with high requirements on mechanical strength, chemical resistance or lifetime. Material behaviour, however, until now still is not comprehensively understood for additive manufactured parts for heavy-duty applications. Furthermore the impact of process parameters, process reproducibility and process safety on additively manufactured components is still open to scientific research.
Within the symposium issues concerned with additive manufacturing may be addressed, such as
- Printed fibre-reinforced structural parts for lightweight design,
- Components for chemical plant engineering,
- Implants under high mechanical loads or stressed by bio-degradation,
- Aerospace applications and
- High-voltage insulation systems.
Besides of processing, in particular, experimental approaches for functional proofs, lifetime analysis, and test methods are of interest, which may be complemented by respective numerical methods.